1 Tbsp butter
Salt & pepper to taste
1 large (approximately 1 1/2 lbs) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, chopped
1 cup Coach's Oats® Oatmeal
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cans chicken broth (for vegetarian use vegetable broth)
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Sage to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut butternut squash in half and seed squash.
3. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until soft enough to safely peel.
4. Peel and dice squash into 1/2 inch sized cubes.
5. Melt butter in large sauce pan.
6. Add squash. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook on medium for about 10 minutes.
7. Add Coach's Oats® Oatmeal and stir to combine completely.
8. Add white wine and cook on medium for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until liquid has evaporated.
9. Reduce hear and add 1/2 cup of broth to pan.
10. Stir until most of the broth is absorbed.
11. Continue to add broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring and cooking until almost fully adsorbed. This process should take about 30 minutes.
12. During broth absorption process, lightly toast/broil desired amount of sage on a prepared cookie sheet.
13. Add toasted sage, and Parmesan cheese, and stir until combined.
14. Serve hot and garnish with fresh sage and additional Parmesan cheese to taste.