Caramel Chocolate Oat Bars are impressive and easy to make. The richness of melted semi-sweet chocolate chunks and caramel sauce is supported by the hearty natural flavor of Coach's Oats®. With a compact base and textured crumble top, this recipe highlights the versatility of our oats. Enjoy this scrumptious oatmeal creation!
2 cups Coach's Oats® oatmeal
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
Dash of salt
1 cup butter
1 to 2 cups Chocolate Chunks
1 jar of Caramel Sauce (approximately 10oz.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare baking dish with spray or butter.
3. In large bowl, stir Coach's Oats®, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt until combined.
4. Defrost butter and cut into small pieces.
5. Work butter into mixture of dry ingredients until combined into a dough. If oat dough is too crumbly add more butter.
6. Press dough into bottom of prepared pan.
7. Set remaining oat dough aside for crumble.
8. Bake oat dough base for 15 minutes, cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
9. Sprinkle chocolate chunks over base layer. Use desired amount of chocolate chunks.
10. Drizzle caramel sauce over chocolate chunk layer. Use desired amount of caramel.
11. Sprinkle remaining oat dough over caramel layer. If oat dough is not crumbly enough add a tablespoon of Coach's Oats® to mixture.
12. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until lightly golden.
13. Cool on wire rack before serving.
The richness of the bar can be adjusted. For maximum richness use enough chocolate and caramel to make a complete layer. For a lighter bar use chocolate and caramel ingredients more sparingly. Feel free to adjust ingredients to your health needs; e.g. substitute whole grain or gluten free flour in place of all-purpose flour. Experiment and enjoy!
See this recipe, and more, on our Coach's Oats recipe page!