1 cup Coach's Oats®
1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
1 cup chopped, boneless, skinless chicken breast
Cumin to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chopped mushrooms
4 cups water
1/3 cup lentils
4-5 cups chicken broth
Optional: parsley garnish
1. Saute chicken and garlic in olive oil and spices.
2. In separate pan, saute mushrooms.
3. In large pot, boil lentils for 15 minutes, reduce to simmer.
4. Add chicken, mushrooms, and Coach's Oats® to simmering pot.
5. Cook for 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
Add more oatmeal to thicken broth for a stew-like consistency
Add more water and/or chicken broth to thin soup broth
Add seasoning to taste while simmering
Traditionally garnished with parsley
If desired, add ingredients
such as carrots, zucchini, corn, tomatoes