1 Tbsp butter
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 red pepper, diced
4 mushrooms, diced
2 1/2 cups Coach's Oats®
1 cup white wine
2-3 cups chicken broth (vegetable broth for vegetarian)
1 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/3 or 1/2 cup goat cheese (depending on desired intensity)
1. In large saucepan, melt butter.
2. Add shallots and cook 2 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add garlic, red peppers and mushrooms and cook 3 minutes.
4. Increase heat, add Coach's Oats® and stir. Cook 1 minute.
5. Reduce heat to medium and add white wine. Stir and cook until liquid is almost absorbed.
6. Add 1 cup of broth and continue to cook and stir.
7. Add Parmesan cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Continue cooking until liquid is almost absorbed.
8. Add 1 cup of broth and the drained diced tomatoes. Continue cooking until liquid is almost absorbed.
9. Test risotto. If needed, add the third cup of broth (1/2 cup at a time) and stir until liquid has fully absorbed.
10. Add goat cheese to sauce pan.
11. Stir and cook until risotto dish is combine thoroughly.
12. Serve warm.
If you are interested in more Coach's Oats® oatmeal risotto dishes we recommend Butternut Squash Risotto and Mushroom Portobello Risotto.