1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 cups Coach's Oats®
1 3/4 cups walnuts
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop 1 1/2 cups walnuts. Chop finely or grind remaining 1/2 cup. Set walnuts aside.
3. In medium bowl cream butter and sugars.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and combine.
5. In large bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
6. Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Beat until just combined. Do not over mix.
7. Add oats and both textures of walnut pieces and stir by hand. Set dough aside.
8. Create fudge mixture.
9. In small sauce pan add condensed milk and chocolate chips.
10. Melt on low heat, stirring frequently. Set fudge aside.
11. Roll dough into small balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
12. Create thumbprints, or nest-like craters, in dough balls. Flatten with back of spoon.
14. Bake for 10 minutes.
15. Cool cookies for 1 minute. Transfer to cooling rack.